About Us

Welcome! I am Geoffroy Gobilliard, ICEF Certified Advisor with 15 years of experience in the industry of language studies and director of Study Over Borders. We are an agency that offers free and personalized counselling services for people of all ages who want to travel abroad and live a language immersion experience. In other words, we provide help to people who want to study a language in a country where it is the official language, either to start learning it or to perfect it.  

We can assist and advise you no matter where you are in the world! Upon receipt of your request, we will send you a detailed email with the information of language programs at the destination of your choice. And if you wish, we will contact you by phone, WhatsApp or via Skype.

If you decide to enrol in one of the schools we represent, we will gladly assist you with the registration process. All payments are made directly to the schools and organizations we work with, so there is no additional cost for our counselling service. You will not pay anything in addition to what the school itself charges. Most of the time, it is actually cheaper to register through our agency, because we receive special offers and prices from the language schools.

I invite you to browse our website and discover the different programs that are available. As you will see, there are three main categories of programs that correspond to the different sections of our website:

We only work with accredited and/or award-winning language schools and organizations in their respective countries or internationally. So by choosing one of the language institutes that we will recommend you can trust that you will enrol in a high-quality study program.

In case you do not find on our page the destination where you want to study, you can contact us anyway and we will gladly look for a program in the destination of your choice. As you will see, we hardly mention any costs on our website. The reason is that, in most schools, prices vary depending on the season of the year and depending on the student’s country of origin. So the best is to contact us and we will send you all the information about the program you are interested in, including prices and start dates.

Regarding immigration procedures, these depend on your country of origin and the destination where you want to take a language course. Most likely, you will need to apply for a tourist or study visa. We will be able to give you recommendations based on our experience. However, as we are not accredited immigration specialists, we will always advise you to consult directly with the immigration services of the country where you are interested in studying.

Finally, some of you will be interested in knowing that, in some of the countries where we represent schools, you will have the possibility to work while you are studying the local language (with the student visa).


Geoffroy Gobilliard – Director