Are you looking for English courses or a language stay for young people in England? Receive free expert advice ✓Prices ✓Dates (summer/winter) ✓Prerequisites ✓Accommodation (optional). You will be able to see some of the available options here, but contact us so that we can send you more complete information, including program prices.
Where to go on an English language stay for young people in England?
Apart from the programmes described below on this page in Brighton, Keele, Bath, Torquay and London, we can advise you on other options. Indeed, we also have agreements with English schools that offer summer and winter language camps in the following English cities:
Language camp to learn English in England
The school that organises these English language courses for young people in England is internationally recognised. Indeed, it also offers language camps for children and teenagers in Switzerland, Germany, France, the USA and Canada. In addition, this language academy has more than 10 years of experience in language teaching. This therefore guarantees expertise in organizing stimulating programs for foreign children and adolescents. And the language camps they offer in England are accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English in the UK. The language course for young people in England is available in Brighton and Keele for children aged 10 to 17*, and in London for teenagers aged 13 to 17*. Dates are from the end of June to the beginning of August**. And there are also English language camps available in the cities of Bath y Torquay, from early June until mid-August**. The latter accept teenagers from 12 to 17 years old*. Each of these destinations has been selected taking into consideration the comfort of the accommodation, the diversity of activities available in the surroundings, and the quality of the place. This ensures that the English learning experience takes place in an entertaining, varied and safe setting. The language stay for young people in England will allow you to learn English interactively in the classroom, and through fascinating activities and excursions. *Are you looking for English courses in England for younger children? We work with another English school in London that accepts children from 3 years old. **Are you looking for an English language camp in England during the winter? The English schools we work with in the United States(Miami, New York and San Diego),and in Canada offer them.
Organization of English courses for children and teenagers in England
English courses for children and teenagers in England are designed to make progress naturally in a pleasant and motivating setting. Groups are small with a maximum of 14 students per class, promoting a more personalized learning experience. These English holiday camps also include a language project class, the idea of which is to create something by working as a team. The objective of this class is to promote collaboration in the management of a project. The main approach of these English courses for children and teenagers in England is communication. This method allows to create more interaction between students in a motivating, fun and relaxed atmosphere. In addition, teachers always try to center lessons around topics that match students’ interests. This way they more easily develop their confidence to speak and express themselves.
Intensity of English courses for children and teenagers in England:
At the time of registration for the language camp in England, it is possible to choose between the following options of English courses for young people:
- Standard course with 20 English lessons per week. This option includes 3 hours of classes per day (4 lessons) from Monday to Friday.
- Intensive English course* with 25 lessons per week. This option includes the standard course plus an additional daily lesson. The latter focuses on oral communication and the development of group projects.
- Private lessons*. This option is aimed at those who wish to make even more progress in English during their youth language stay in England. Indeed, it offers 5 additional individual lessons per week (only compatible with the standard course). It therefore makes it possible to deal with themes related to the child’s personal goals.
*These options are not available in Bath and Torquay. Language camps in these two cities only offer the standard course. And the practice of English is not limited to classrooms. Teachers and language camp staff constantly encourage young people to put into practice what they learn in class. They should therefore always try to speak English during activities and excursions.
Activities and excursions during the language stay for young people in England:
The basic formula of these language camps in England for foreign children include a set of activities and excursions. Discovering new places enhances the English language immersion experience. In general, excursions include museums, tourist attractions, amusement parks, and nearby towns or villages. Please note that by registering for the one-week English camp, the language course will not include the Sunday excursion. In addition, due to uncontrollable factors (weather for example), last-minute changes are always possible in the organization of outings. As for activities, English summer camps organise a mix of sports, games and entertainment. The idea is always to have fun sharing memorable moments with new international friends. But of course every week there are also moments of free time. Young people can take the opportunity to explore, shop, or just relax.
For an additional cost, it is possible to choose a complementary, sporting or creative activity:
- Creative Arts (only in Brighton and Keele). These are arts and design workshops that help develop creative skills. By choosing this option, young people will learn about local artists and visit places that promote the creative arts.
- Fashion (only in London). Experienced teachers teach children the different styles. They will visit shops that are fashionable and receive tips for buying stylish things.
- Football. This option gives the opportunity to visit famous stadiums that are nearby: Arsenal, Chelsea and Wembley for the language camps in Brighton and London; Manchester City, Manchester United and Liverpool for the language camp at Keele.
- Water sports + (only in Brighton). This option offers a mix of paddleboard, kayak and wakeboard.
- Golf (only in Keele). Young people receive technical, strategic and practical training at the same time as they improve their game while having fun.
- City + (only in London). This option allows you to visit the city’s most famous attractions and monuments: London Eye, Warner Bros Studios, or Madame Tussaud’s wax museum.
Please note that we also work with schools that offer language courses for young people in England that combine learning English with the following activities: horse riding, tennis, sailing, dance, art and design, climbing, and windsurfing. Are you looking for a language camp in England that combines English courses with another specific activity? Do not hesitate to contact us and we will look for a program that suits your preference.
Accommodation during English courses for children and teenagers in England:
For this language stay for young people in England the language camps offer two types of accommodation. Indeed, you can choose between accommodation in residence or in a local host family (homestay). The goal is for young foreigners to feel at home. And the idea is to encourage communication, exchanges and the discovery of a new culture. For language camps that take place in Brighton, Keele and London, it is possible to register for the day camp which does not include accommodation. This option is ideal for children and teenagers who travel with their parents and prefer to stay with them. Or it can also be a good option in case the young person already has a place to stay in England, with friends or family. Host families are carefully chosen to ensure the best living conditions for foreign children. And in addition, homestay will help them immerse themselves in the language. The rooms are double so shared with another young person of the same age, and have a space to be able to study. And the bathroom is also shared. As for the residences, the rooms are single, double or triple, depending on the destination and availability. All rooms have a desk, a lamp, and a storage wardrobe. And all residences are of course very safe and monitored.
Sites of interest
- Learn more about England by reading the tourist information.