Are you looking for Spanish courses or a language stay for young people in Spain? Receive free expert advice ✓Prices ✓Dates ✓Prerequisites ✓Accommodation (optional). You will be able to see some of the available options here, but contact us so that we can send you more complete information, including program prices.
Language course for children and teenagers in Spain
For more than 25 years the language school we work with has been offering language holiday camps in Spain. These summer camps to learn Spanish are designed for children and teenagers from 5 to 18 years old. Language courses for young people in Spain combine Spanish lessons with cultural and sports activities. They operate in two-week sessions, which always start on a Monday and end on a Saturday. However, it is also possible to register for one or three weeks, depending on the dates you are interested in. During extra-curricular activities (outside the classrooms) foreign campers are mixed with young Spaniards. These represent up to 60% of campers (depending on the destination), and take English lessons. This will allow children and teenagers to understand the Spanish way of life more thoroughly. And at the same time they will discover a wide variety of cultures. Indeed, participants come from more than 32 different countries.
Destinations for language courses for young people in Spain:
It is possible to participate in a Spanish language holiday camp in the following cities:
- Barcelona, for children and teenagers from 5 to 17 years old
- Madrid, for children and teenagers from 5 to 18 years old
- Malaga, for teenagers from 12 to 17 years old
- Marbella, for young people from 5 to 18 years old
- Salamanca, for young people from 5 to 18 years old
- Valencia, for teenagers from 12 to 17 years old
Dates of language courses for children and teenagers in Spain:
All programs start at the end of June and end in mid-August. Please note that young people aged 14 and over can take Spanish lessons throughout the year at adult centres located in the following cities: Alicante, Barcelona, Granada, Madrid, Malaga, Marbella, Salamanca, Seville and Valencia.
It is possible to choose between 3 language stay options for young people in Spain:
1) Residential holiday camp to learn Spanish in Spain:
The young person will live, study, play, and practice the language 24 hours a day in a multicultural atmosphere. This will allow him to increase his interpersonal and linguistic skills that will last him a lifetime.
2) Language study for young people in Spain with accommodation with a host family:
This option is available for teenagers aged 14 or over in Madrid, Marbella, Salamanca and Valencia. Monday to Friday from 9:15am to 8:00pm teens participate in all camp activities (Spanish lessons, workshops, sports and excursions). And they spend weekends with their host family members.
3) Language day camp without accommodation:
This program is designed for those who only want to attend classes and daytime activities. Thus, they will spend the evenings and weekends with their own families (or at friends who will host them). And it is also possible to attend only Spanish lessons, without participating in activities.
Spanish courses for children and teenagers in Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Marbella, Salamanca, or Valencia
Spanish courses for children and teenagers in Spain take place in summer residences. They consist of 20 lessons of 45 minutes per week, so 4 lessons per day. There is a maximum of 15 students per class to ensure more personalized attention. The study plan is carefully designed to emphasize communication and conversation. This allows young students to make the most of their time outside of the classroom and put into practice with their new friends what they learn in class. Morning lessons are the only time during the day when Spanish and international campers are separated. The teachers are all native speakers. And they have a university degree of at least 5 years in Spanish linguistics and teaching Spanish as a foreign language. In addition, they have the necessary skills to teach young people of various ages. And they use a variety of techniques and activities tailored to each age group and type of learning. Each participant takes an exam on the first day of class to assess their level. There are 6 levels available for lessons, from absolute beginner to advanced.
Methodology of Spanish courses for children and teenagers in Spain:
The methodology of Spanish lessons for young people is based on communication. And it uses various methods to work on the fundamental skills of the language: writing, oral expression, grammar, comprehension, vocabulary, pronunciation, and intercultural competence. The materials used are adapted to the age and level of the students. In general, young people study with a textbook and an exercise book, distributed on the first day. Teachers also use modern audiovisual and multimedia equipment. At the end of the programme young people receive a certificate detailing the skills acquired during the language stay in Spain.
Organization of language holiday camps in Spain
Everything is programmed to ensure that there is never a moment of boredom between waking up and going to bed. After the Spanish classes, afternoons, evenings and weekends are filled with activities that fall into three categories:
- Recreational activities: contests, treasure hunts, music/dance/theatre performances, games, themed parties, etc.
- Cultural workshops: outdoor activities, journalism, music and percussion, theatre, juggling and circus, first aid, handicrafts, cooking, flamenco and sevillanas, parosing.
- Excursions: Each 2-week session includes at least one full-day excursion and two half-day excursions to places of interest in the vicinity of the camp. It is the perfect opportunity to discover the diversity of Spanish culture, cuisine and geography. Each destination offers separate excursions.
Employees and supervision:
Apart from the teachers, the employees of the language camps for young people in Spain are:
- The Camp Director
- The coordinators in charge of each age group (3 groups: small, junior, and senior)
- Supervisors in charge of groups of 8-12 young people (present 24 hours a day)
All of them work together to organize and supervise all the activities and sports of the summer camp. The aim is, of course, to ensure that every young person makes the most of their language stay in Spain. All employees are native Spaniards and 90% of them speak English or another foreign language; many come back year after year.
Residential or home-home programs include all meals every day of the week. Children and teenagers will receive breakfasts, lunches, dinners and also a snack. Campers receive a lunch bag on days when they participate in activities or excursions outside of camp facilities. Those who require a special diet (vegetarian, allergic and other) must mention this at the time of registration.
Sports during the language summer camp in Spain:
For the practice of sports there are two possibilities: 1) Sports that are part of the afternoon activities in which all campers participate (basketball, aerobics, bowling, volleyball, Olympic Games, darts, football, capoeira, hockey, handball, swimming, frisbee, baseball, archery, water polo, badminton, climbing, etc.). 2) Practice of a specific sport: you choose an optional sport (for an additional cost) in the afternoons:
- Horse riding (12 lessons per 2-week period), available in Madrid, Marbella and Salamanca
- Golf (18 lessons per 2-week period), available in Marbella
- Padel or Paddle tennis (12 lessons per 2-week period), available in Madrid, Marbella, Malaga and Salamanca
- Swimming (8 lessons per 2-week period), available in Marbella
- Tennis (12 lessons per 2-week period), available in Barcelona, Madrid, Marbella and Salamanca
- Sailing (12 lessons per 2-week period), available in Valencia
- Water sports (8 lessons per 2-week period), available in Valencia and Barcelona
- Football (12 lessons per 2-week period), available in Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Marbella and Valencia
Opening hours of the language holiday camp for young people in Spain:
The schedule for a typical day is as follows:
- 8:15am – 8:45am: Breakfast
- 9:00am – 12:30am: Spanish lessons
- 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Pool, beach, or other activity
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm: Lunch
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm: Pause
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm: Cultural workshops, beach/pool
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm: Sports, games, competitions
- 8:00pm – 8:30pm: Showers
- 8:30pm – 9:30pm: Dinner
- 9:30pm – 10:30pm: Theme night, talent night, movie night, etc.
Health and medical attention during the language stay for young people in Spain:
In each destination there is a medical center and access to first aid 24/24h. It is important to notify chronic medical conditions, allergies, specific diets or any other request at the time of registration. The price of the program includes medical insurance for all foreign campers.
Sites of interest
- Learn more about Spain by reading the tourist information.